Fruit flies are a tiny pest that can appear in your house near food in the kitchen. They can be very hard to get rid of because they are very tiny and can go through window screens. Usually fruit flies are attracted by rotten fruit or garbage, so make sure you remove any fruit or garbage that may be attracting the pests. However, once they are in the house, they are still hard to get rid of and will be attracted to other food. Here are the steps to remove fruit flies from your house:
The best way to get rid of them is to make a homemade trap. Making a trap is fairly easy. You will need a bowl, plastic wrap, a rubber band, a toothpick, and some fruit juice or sugar water.
1. Pour the fruit juice or sugar water in the bowl. (You can also use vinegar or wine or something else that is sweet)
2. Place a sheet of plastic wrap tight over the top of the entire bowl.
3. Secure the plastic wrap over the bowl using the rubber band around the bowl. Make sure the plastic wrap is pulled tight over the bowl.
4. poke several small holes in the plastic wrap on top of the bowl using a toothpick.
5. Let the trap sit for several days.
The fruit flies should be attraced to the bowl and will land on the plastic wrap and eventually enter the trap through the holes. However, they will not be able to exit the trap. The flies will be trapped in the bowl. After a few days, you should be able to get rid of all of the fruit flies.